Public meeting on April 12 to present the Vieux-Verger project
Share this news
The Town of Sutton invites all its citizens to a public meeting on Wednesday, April 12, from 7 to 9 p.m., where the concept plan for the Vieux-Verger residential complex will be presented in detail. The meeting will also be recorded and broadcasted live on the Town’s YouTube channel.
Presentation of the residential project
The purpose of this information session is to present to the population the plan that was prepared by the firm CB Architecte in accordance with the Town’s vision to promote the construction of financially accessible housing, to protect the biodiversity of the environment and to improve the village’s network of pedestrian paths. In this sense, the acquisition of the Vieux-Verger property will allow the realization of an innovative, community-based and ecological project in the heart of the village.
The day after this meeting, in order to help analyze the information, the documents presented will be posted online, as well as a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) related exclusively to the Vieux-Verger project. Citizens will then have until April 19 to send their questions, comments or suggestions to the Town in writing, either by e-mail at [email protected] or directly on the Dream Sutton website.
The Town will review all messages received before making any changes at a second public meeting scheduled for April 26 from 7 to 9 p.m., at which time the Town will respond to questions and comments received from citizens before April 19.
Timeline for the acquisition of the Vieux-Verger land
- April 5, 2023: Adoption by a majority vote of Loan By-law number 323 entitled “By-law to decree an expense of $1,570,896 and a loan of $1,570,896 for the acquisition of lots 4,848,122, 6,157,855 and 6,157,856, located on Seymour Street”;
- April 12, 2023: 1st public information meeting to present the concept plan for the residential project;
- April 13, 2023: posting of project information documents online;
- April 13-19, 2023: submission of citizen comments/questions regarding the project
- By April 21: public notice of the date of the register and other details of the register. The number of signatories required will be calculated on the morning of or the day before the register is held in order to use up-to-date data, as required by the Municipal Elections and Referendums Act;
- April 26, 2023: 2nd public meeting to answer questions received from citizens on the acquisition of the land and on the project as a whole;
- April 29, 2023: opening of the register, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., allowing citizens to signify their opposition to the borrowing by-law, in accordance with the Act respecting elections and referendums in municipalities. If the required number of signatures is reached, Council will decide by resolution (at the May 3rd meeting) to continue the process by holding a referendum vote or to abandon the acquisition project.
To be consulted:
- Press Release November 3, 2022: The Town of Sutton wishes to purchase the Vieux-Verger property to promote affordable housing
- Loan by-law for the acquisition of the Vieux-Verger: Frequently asked questions – FAQ on loan by-law number 323