Netiquette and moderation rules
The Rêvons Sutton website was created to be a platform for citizen participation, allowing the sharing of information and opinions on current municipal projects. As a forum of discussion, it must encourage constructive exchanges with and between citizens.
The netiquette used by the Town of Sutton and the moderation rules apply here, so that exchanges are measured and respectful.
Comments of a public nature that are respectful and relevant to the content disseminated by Rêvons Sutton are welcome. However, we reserve the right to remove any comment or publication that violates the rules of good conduct and moderation or does not respect the copyright or intellectual property of others. Comments will be reviewed for content before publication.
Rules of good conduct and moderation
- Comments that are defamatory, abusive, obscene, or discriminatory based on, but not limited to, skin color, gender, religion, nationality, language, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated and will be deleted, as will comments that incite hatred, violence, or disrespect toward others. Similarly, we reserve the right to delete comments, temporarily suspend or even ban subscribers when, but not exclusively, comments are intentionally provocative, unrelated to the subject matter, repetitive, commercial in nature, or intended only to disseminate a hyperlink.
- In order to make an informed comment, it is important to read all of the information provided and the comments already published before entering into the discussion.
- Comments should be made in a clear and readable manner, using plain language.
- Comments must be relevant to the topic or issue raised. The same comment repeated several times in different exchanges could be deleted if it is considered abusively repetitive.
- Comments should not be composed with CAPITALS which are tantamount to shouting and can be offensive.
- Differing opinions are useful to the debate, but they should not be used as a basis for aggression or insults. Everyone has the right to their own freedom of opinion.
- It is important to moderate one's comments by using the principles of respect, courtesy and kindness that the Town of Sutton advocates and that apply to all exchanges.
- Any offensive comments can be reported by email to [email protected].Complaints should not be sent in the comments, but by email.
- No personal or commercial advertising is accepted. Hyperlinks are not allowed.
- Subscribers are responsible for the content they provide, both in substance and form, and agree to abide by this netiquette and these rules when posting a comment.
The Rêvons Sutton website has been created in French and English. We make every effort to produce an English translation whenever possible, in order to serve the members of our English-speaking community. However, some documents may only be available in French
For all other rules on the conditions of use, please refer to the Legal Notice of the Rêvons Sutton website.