Participatory budget: 29 projects submitted!
Share this news
Sutton residents submitted an impressive 29 projects for the first edition of the Sutton participatory budget. The process of preliminary evaluation and refinement of proposals will now begin, before finally eligible projects are presented to the public for a vote in October.
Here are the next steps:
- By July 7, the steering committee* will have reviewed the projects submitted by the June 29 deadline, to determine whether they meet the eligibility criteria set out in the “Rules of the game”.
- All project leaders will be contacted by July 10. If some of the projects do not comply, suggestions will be made to try to bring them into line, if possible.
- All project leaders and their team members, if applicable, will be invited to attend a public ideas enhancement workshop, to be held at Town Hall on Tuesday, July 18, 2023, from 7 to 9 pm.
- The public is also invited to attend this meeting to learn about eligible projects and to help improve them, where appropriate.
- Over the summer, the administration will work on costing the eligible projects and how they could be realized in 2024.
- Final eligible projects will be presented to the Sutton population, and all citizens over the age of 10 will be able to vote for their favourite projects, between October 10 and 22, 2023.
Mark your calendars for Tuesday, July 18, from 7 to 9 p.m., in the Town Hall council room to find out about eligible projects!
* The steering committee is made up of seven people: a representative of the administration, two councillors and four citizen members of the Quality of Life Advisory Committee, including a youth representative.